MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Construction Administration and Inspection Services for Project VN-10 Rehabilitation of the Anchorages at the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
SEPC performed the construction inspection for the project which included repairs of the deteriorated concrete on Anchorage interior and exterior surfaces, repair of roadway deck concrete, miscellaneous concrete repairs, application of shotcrete for corbels, crack repairs, and application of waterproofing membrane and asphalt overlay. Other work included the following:
- Replacement of the bridge's compression seals, strip seals, and armor-less expansion joint at the lower-level deck.
- Electrical conduits, junction boxes, and lighting for Anchorage interiors and exteriors were upgraded.
- Drainage systems replacement
- A new fire alarm and monitoring system for the anchorage chambers.
- New staircase foundation, installation of protection bollards, and erection of steel structure for stairs inside the anchorages.
- Surface preparation and painting of steel security fences around anchorages and all concrete anchorage walls at VNB.